Have you been through discomfort and suffocation in the midst of pregnancy? We’re sure you did. Because, it’s very obvious that the growing body will wreck the comfort of mommy’s night sleep. If you’re looking for a solution, a best pregnancy body pillow can be in rescue right away. It will provide a comfortable sleeping surface, help getting rid of back pain and keep your spine align.
However, not all the maternity pillows available in the market are made in the same manner. Some are straight, some are circular and some other has U-shape as well. And each of these has their own reasons for being so. With all these options available, the choice should be real tough. But don’t give up yet!
Here in this review, we’ve researched out top 10 body pillow for pregnancy in the market and reviewed them in an unbiased manner. We’ve taken the pillow sizes, shapes, materials, durability, wash-ability and price-quality ratio into consideration.
At the end, you’ll surely have the right fit of perfect body pillow in hands.
Top 10 Pregnancy Body Pillow Reviews in 2019
Different Types of Body Pillow for Pregnancy
Among all the types this is the most popular one. Expectant women mostly prefer it because of its ability to support all over the body including tummy, back and head.
Since it is 5-6 feet tall you can wrap it easily around your body for getting maximum amount of comfort. The pillow alone is able to provide proper amount of support without separate ones.
Wedge Body Pillow
Being a small triangular size, wedge pillow has become a popular types of maternity pillow.
It is mainly used to reduce pressure on the back because it is placed under the stomach. Due to the ergonomic support to the belly pregnant woman love it the most.
Flexible Body Pillow
If you are looking for a versatile maternity cushion then it can be preferable. As it is a flexible one you can change its shape according to your need. It can be a good option if you use one pillow for different preferences.
There are various types of shaped maternity cushions which are also loved by expectant woman. Most common shapes are C, J, U. All shapes work differently. But maximum time specialists recommend U and V shapes mostly for the pregnant woman.
1. Snoogle Full Body Pillow from Leachco
This full body pregnancy pillow from Leachco has brought about a revolutionary change for expectant woman. It covers up the need of multiple cushions by providing support to neck, tummy, hips and back at a same time.
This ‘C’ shaped body pillow allows to place your head at a certain height which prevents heartburn or acid reflux. The mid-section of this cushion is quite long that provides perfect support to tummy and back. Patented design was developed by a Registered Nurse and Mom. That’s why, it conforms to your body shape and provides comfortable sleep by staying cool throughout the night. It also prevents lower back pain and sciatica.
- The first and true original Snoogle
- Snoogle takes the place of multiple pillows to help support hips,...
- Patented design was developed by a registered Nurse and mom
- Enjoy cuddle comfort and support without the extra body heat.
- Snoogle original has a sham-style removable cover that is machine...
This pillow is made of polyester and comes up with a sham-style cover which is removable and machine washable. So you don’t have to worry about hygiene. Since it is necessary to use a lightweight cushion during pregnancy, this product is just perfect.
- Supports back, hips and tummy.
- Provides spinal alignment
- Best for the side sleepers
- Multiple types and colors cover.
- Replacement for multiple pillows.
- Too large in size.
- Comparably expensive.
2. Back ‘N’ Belly Contoured Body Pillow
This “U” shaped back ‘N’ belly contoured body pillow supports your tummy and back at the same time. Its inner curve is shaped like an hourglass which supports and snags your entire belly and back.
You don’t need to re-position during night and by just turning around you’ll get maximum comfort, as it has been designed as a custom size for all body shapes. It places the joints in neutral positions by reducing strain. Naturally curved shape of this pillow suits your growth gradually and minimize sleep difficulties. You can enjoy “Double Decker” head support by reversing the ends of the cushion. It provides comfort and support from both sides that also aligns your hips and elevates them.
- The first and true original Back 'N Belly
- Can help provide equal support for back and belly at the same time
- No repositioning pillows during the night, simply turn from side to...
- Can help provide support for neutral positioning
- Sham-style cover is removable and washable. Hourglass inner curve
This pillow is made of polyester and comes up with a zippered cover which is machine washable. It is ideal for the woman who suffer from sciatica, congestion, gastric reflux, fibromyalgia, and carpal tunnel syndrome.
- Provides equal support to back and belly.
- Promotes better air-flow
- Absorbs body heat
- Removable and washable cover
- Provides orthopedic support.
- Material is little thick to cuddle
- Little bit short for a standard heightened person.
3. Shredded Memory foam Body Pillow
It is made of shredded memory foam and the cover is made of viscose rayon and polyester. Viscose rayon is derived from bamboo and helps to regulate body temperature. And the shredded memory foam allows better air circulation which minimizes the chances of heat buildup to keep you cool. This memory foam is CertiPUR-US certified and the cushion is also free from heavy metals like mercury or lead. It is suitable for all kinds of sleeping positions and a great alternative of down pillows.
- LOOKING FOR ALL NIGHT LONG COMFORT? – Our body and pregnancy pillow...
- YOU ARE UNIQUE – WHY SHOULDN’T YOUR PILLOW BE? - Whether you're...
- PERFECT FOR SLEEPING, SNUGGLING OR JUST CHILLING – This pillow is...
- IS YOUR PILLOW GREEN GUARD GOLD CERTIFIED? - Our Coop Home Goods Body...
- LOVE IT OR RETURN IT! – You can now purchase with confidence. If you...
It cover is totally hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant which gives protection from bug and bacteria. The whole body pillow is machine washable. So, you can keep it clean easily for safe use. This pillow is made in the USA and amazingly its manufacturer is providing a 5 years warranty with a 100 days no question asked refund policy.
- Stays cool during sleep
- Long and fluffy enough.
- Great for back and side sleepers
- Hypoallergenic and dust mites resistant.
- Very soft and reshape-able
- Not suitable for stomach sleepers
- Somewhat heavy and lumpy.
4. Snoogle Mini Compact Side Sleeper Pillow
This “C” shaped small pillow is made to support targeted areas only by confirming natural shape to provide maximum comfort. It is also ideal as a nursing pillow.
The cushion is specially designed for the pregnant woman to provide support to legs, back and tummy where pregnant women need most support. It is great for the side sleepers and doctors also recommend it. To have a great night’s sleep you just have to wrap it around your back. Beside body comfort, it provides night long support and bounces back to its original size just after releasing weight. It aligns the hips and ensures neutral joint positioning.
- Can help provide targeted support
- Compact size is great for travel
- Can help provide support for neutral positioning
- Sham-style removable cover is machine washable
This cushion is available is three different colors which are light green, brown and sage/white with polka dot. It has come up with a removable and machine washable cover that ensures hygiene. Due to its small size, you can carry it wherever you want and it is also able to provide post-delivery comfort.
- Versatile and fold-able option
- Provides targeted support
- Available in different colors
- Light in weight
- Conforms with body shape
- Removable and washable cover
- Somewhat small in size
- May lose its firmness
5. PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow
This “C” shaped pillow from PharMeDoc helps to relieve joint pain and leads you to the cure for pain. It eliminates the chances of sore necks, shoulder aches and lower back pain.
This therapeutic full body pillow replaces the need of multiple cushions people use at night. You can use it as a pregnancy pillow and then as a feeding or nursing pillow afterwards. This cushion is soft but firm which provides right amount of comfort and support. It is designed to support targeted areas which eases cramps and makes turning easier.
- Tired of using so many pillows to get comfortable every night? The...
- Use as a pregnancy pillow and then as a feeding or nursing pillow...
- Premium polyfill material strikes that perfect balance between comfort...
- As always, your health is our top priority. That's why our pillow...
- We want you to fall in love with falling asleep. That's why you're...
This is perfect for pregnant woman who are having a lack of proper support laying on their side. Adjustable polyfill material of this body pillow stops you from tossing and turning at night, making it an ideal one. The absence of harmful compounds makes this product more suitable for pregnant mothers.
Its zippered cover is made of 100% cotton which is removable and has machine washability feature. Cotton allows the cover to prevent overheating which enables better airflow as well. It is designed in California and has a lifetime warranty with satisfaction guaranteed.
- Adjustable according to necessity
- Replacements of multiple pillows
- Proper supports back, hips and knees
- Lifetime warranty
- Usable as feeding/nursing pillow
- Hypoallergenic washable cover
- Large in size
- Cover sold separately
6. Scalloped Trellis Gray Pregnancy Pillow
This wedge pillow for pregnancy has become so popular because of its lightweight and firmness. Being a versatile cushion it provides proper support to back and belly.
It never flattens out and ensures maximum comfort for pregnant women dying with back pain. You just need to slide the wedge under the baby bump to rest your belly during sleep. To get rid of heartburn and acid symptoms you can also put it under your regular pillow through elevating head. It will provide necessary support to have an excellent alignment and blood flow to your stomach. You can also use it as baby wedge to support and protect your baby from falling.
- SIMPLE SUPPORT: The Boppy Pregnancy Wedge provides simple support for...
- EASY FOR TRAVEL: The wedge is a firm, versatile maternity cushion that...
- COMPACT, MULTI-USE: Compact design saves space in your bed and allows...
- EASY CARE, MACHINE WASHABLE: Remove cushion before washing. Machine...
- Delicate cycle, 30°C/85°F. Non-chlorine bleach as needed. Tumble dry...
This wedge pillow is made of polyurethane foam and due to its small size it has become a super portable one. This ideal pillow has a thick zippered pima cotton slipcover which is machine washable.
- Supports back and belly
- Lightweight and portable
- Easily washable slipcover
- Space saver due to its size
- Usable as baby protector
- Doesn’t support the lower back and legs
7. ComfiLife Orthopedic Knee Pillow Wedge
This Orthopedic Knee Pillow is the ultimate solution for sciatica relief, leg pain, hip and joint pain during pregnancy.
It is made with premium quality high density memory foam that helps to relieve pressure on your lower back. Ergonomic contour design provides ideal spine alignment and improves blood circulation. Due to superior quality it won’t go flat over time and provide long lasting support and comfort. It comes up with an extra breathable zippered cover that doesn’t get warm while sleeping. It is also machine washable that will help you to keep it clean all the time.
- Sciatica, Back & Hip Pain Relief at Night - Ergonomically designed...
- Premium High-Density Memory Foam - Made with 100% premium quality...
- Ergonomic Design - Ergonomic contoured design keeps your legs, hip and...
- Breathable Easy Clean Cover - Breathable zippered cover ensures the...
- Lifetime Warranty - ComfiLife is trusted by millions of happy...
Manufacturer company is providing a lifetime satisfaction and replacement warranty. And in case of dissatisfaction they are also giving no question asked money back guarantee.
- Very soft and comfortable
- Removes sciatica, hip and joint pain
- Extra breathable option
- Provides ideal alignment
- Perfect shape and size
- High-density memory foam and provide high comfort.
- Difficult to remove cover
- Doesn’t provide support to the upper part
8. Comfort-U Shaped full Body Pillow
Total body pregnancy pillow by Blowout Bedding is one of the largest body pillows, seems like “U” shaped. Because of its 400 thread count shell it is known as super soft maternity cushion.
It is made with 100% polyester fiber filling which makes it so soft. The advantage of having this large sized total body pillow is, you don’t have to move it, rather just turn yourself to feel a soft comfort. It works as a replacement to multiple pillows. It has great durability and you can use it during pregnancy and afterward.
- SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT. Finally get the rest you need with the...
- PREMIUM SYNTHETIC DOWN. Cradle yourself in complete comfort with the...
- FUSION FIBER-FILL. The synthetic down stuffing is a revolutionary...
- CLEANS EASILY. Simply throw this pillow into a standard washing...
- MADE IN THE USA. Moonlight Slumber procures the safest quality...
This pillow is 19 Inches thick, 30 Inches long and comes up with a machine washable zippered cover. The manufacturer company is providing a 30 days no question asked money back guarantee.
- Needs no re-positioning
- Easily be altered to fit to your demand
- Breathable cotton cover
- Suitable for tall people
- Removes body and joint pains.
- Difficult to carry
- Takes a lot of space.
9. Hypoallergenic Down Alternative Body Pillow
Among all the pregnancy body pillows this Down Alternative is known as one of the best supportive cushions. And it is quite light in weight comparing to its size.
This maternity pillow is able to support your back, and you can place it between your knees to reduce pressure on your spine, which makes it suitable for all stage expecting mothers. It is made in OEKO-TEX standard 100 factory which ensures high safety and environmental standards. The filling is down alternative which allows you to breathe properly by releasing body heat and moisture. It comfortably fits with the natural contour of your body which is ideal for side sleepers.
- SUPER LONG BODY PILLOW: Though designed for expecting or breastfeeding...
- MULTI-FUNCTIONAL POSITIONS: Use this full body pillow as a lounging or...
- PLUSH & HYPOALLERGENIC: This maternity pillow is made from 100%...
- MACHINE WASHABLE: To clean, simply toss the pillow into the washing...
- OUR GUARANTEE: You don’t want to compromise on comfort, and you...
This pillow has machine wash-ability feature that will help you to maintain hygiene factor. It is totally hypoallergenic which is very essential for those who struggle with allergy. It has a 230-300 thread-count zippered pillowcase which makes your sleep more comfortable than before.
- Hypoallergenic properties.
- Good for side sleepers
- Supple and lightweight
- Polyester fiber filling is good for allergy sufferer.
- Fits with the natural body curves
- Not suitable for back and stomach sleepers.
- Little bit thick
10. Cozy Body Pillow by Naomi Home
Gusseted head and neck support has made this one a unique maternity pillow among thousands out there. It suits with the natural curves of your body shape.
This product is made of 100% cotton fabric and 300 thread count shell, which makes its firmness perfect that is essential for petite woman. Physical change during pregnancy can affect your sleeping pattern and that’s why it can be useful. Smoothness of the pillow ensures comfortable sleeping and relaxation. It mainly serves your back and tummy with extra shoulder support. This is filled with polyester fiber which is totally hypoallergenic and does not irritate skin. It is designed to relieve pressure which allows better and more restful sleep. Full length style of the pillow allows petite woman to sit or rest comfortably. But another factor is that if you don’t like it after using you cannot return it.
- U SHAPED - Naomi Home Cozy U Shaped Body Pillow is configured to relax...
- EXTRA-LONG AND ERGONOMIC - Soothing for muscles and relieves pressure...
- CUSTOMIZABLE - Softness can be customized by adjusting the quantity of...
- FULL-BODY DESIGN - Lets you enjoy a gentle and nuzzling hug throughout...
- THICK CUSHIONED MEMORY FOAM - Thick cushioned memory foam that adjusts...
Rather than pregnancy time, you can also use it as a perfect nursing pillow for supporting your baby after birth. This can make the experience more enjoyable for both mom and her little baby. The pillow comes up with a machine washable zippered cover which is available in a bunch of attractive colors.
- Provides full body support
- Usable as nursing pillow.
- Supports to back and belly.
- 100% organic cotton.
- Large in size.
Benefits of Using a Pregnancy Pillow
Promote a good night sleep
Women with a baby inside need a restful night of sleep every single day. And physical discomfort and awkwardness rob that away from her. Especially, after 4-6 months, expecting moms find it hard to have a good sleeping position by themselves.
But if you select an ergonomic pillow carefully, the scenario will be just the opposite. The front and back pillow support will not only find your better sleeping position, but also will follow the body’s contours. Both of them are equally important though.
Hypoallergenic and natural
A lot of hormonal changes take place as a woman becomes an expecting woman. Some of the might grow some allergic nature. These respiratory and skin-based allergy is mainly the reason why they often feel uncomfortable with certain types of pillows cover and protector. But a wisely chosen pillow (cotton or microfiber) can be the remedy to the problem.
Maternal Body Care
For a pregnant mom, everything else stands next to the comfort and ease of her body. A good quality pillow can enhance the blood circulation and promote supreme comfort while she’s in sleep. Especially, with a pillow like this, the mom has to lie on her side, which is strongly recommended by doctors. Because this positive pressure on the abdominal helps the growing body inside to move.
Factors to Consider Before Buying
Now as you’ve been through the body pillow review of this article, you might have a shortlist of your own. We’d request you to verify the product’s quality with the buying factors below-
Since pregnancy is a crucial period, it is very important to choose the perfect filling of a pillow for an expectant mother. The conventional materials are- hypoallergenic, polyester, memory foam, feather, organic etc. While each of the materials has their own set of pros and cons, we can’t recommend one as the best one. But the comfort of sleeping mostly depends on your personal choice of quality of the material. For instance, if you are an allergy sufferer then you must go for the hypoallergenic filling.
Size and dimention
Size matters a lot when it comes to selecting a right pillow for an expecting mom. It varies on the height of the pregnant person, the baby types (one or twins), and of course their comfort. Most of the pregnant women think that a total body pillow is enough to provide proper support for the whole body. This idea is not right at all because if you are short in height then what’s the use of a 5-6 feet tall cushion? So, too big or too short pillow can create the problem of providing support to your growing tummy. It’s always ideal to choose the size according to your own body size.
Different types of pregnancy cushions are made for different sleeping positions. As an example, with the straight kind of pillows, you can switch between sides. While with the U-shaped pillows, it’s hard to move the pillow itself. But you can find some variation of sleeping positions yourself. If you are a side sleeper then you should find out the pillow which is specially made for your sleeping position. It is better for your health to choose the right one regarding your sleeping position in order to stay away from unwanted body pain.
Easy to wash
It’s mandatory to keep the bed (and everything on it) clean when it comes to a pregnant women. Also, you can use it even after giving birth to your child too. So, it would be better for you if you choose such a pillow that can be cleaned easily and lasted for a long time. So, to maintain hygiene it will be ideal if you choose a pillow which is machine washable or has a removable and washable cover.And it’s very important to know how to clean or wash a pillow.
FAQ About This Pillow
Why should I use a body pillow? Most of the woman suffer from sleep deprivation from the early stage of pregnancy. Since getting a good night’s sleep during pregnancy is very important, we recommend to have a pregnancy pillow. It is very useful in providing you some extra supports you may need during this time.
When to buy a ‘Maternity’ pillow? You can use a pregnancy pillow after at least two months of pregnancy. Due to the expandation of belly, you will need extra support after 2-3 months of pregnancy. To avoid sleeping disorders you should use it from early pregnancy level.
How should big my pillow will be? It actually depends on the size of the pillow and your body. If you are a plus size woman then you should go for a tall and big one. But the size of pillow will be different for shorter women. In that case, choose the pillow according to your body size.
How often should I clean/ wash it? Well, it is actually a personal preference. Since you are staying so close to the pillow all day long, it must be kept sanitize and safe. We always recommend to wash it once in a week or twice in a month. Again you will know well about your need.
Sooner or later, every pregnant women realized the importance of a comfy and sturdy pillow right under their tummy and back. But from our side, the advice would be to select one at the early days of pregnancy. Because there is a point go re-shaped mom and baby being used to with the shape of the new pillow.
However, we’ve kept every necessary factor in mind and explained the real-time benefits of the best pregnancy body pillow of the market. Hope this would be a real asset to find a good quality pillow from 100s of them in the market.