Are you having troubles sleep on your side? Suffering from back pain or hip pain? If the answer is yes, then there is a solution for these problems also and that is using a knee pillow. It is the best way which can provide you with the perfect posture while you are sleeping. The right knee pillow is able to solve a variety of problems while giving you relief for your spine and joint pain.
We have found out that people who sleep on their back usually have fewer problems. If you are someone who always prefers sleeping on their side it is very common that you are suffering from back and hip pain.
Whereas a person spends one-third of his life one sleeping, and it is really important to have the correct alignment and support for the knees, spine, and hip mainly for the whole body. For this reason, one has to use this sleep innovation, a right knee pillow. There are different types of knee pillows available in the market.
Why and When Should Use a Knee Pillow?
Though people suffering from different health problems due to their sleeping position, they still ignore to use a knee pillow. They failed to realize that if they use the right one, then their sleeping problems could be solved.
There is a connection between our back muscle and hip muscle. And this bum muscle is connected to the hamstring. Again, hamstring is connected to our knee. So now you may understand how our whole body is interconnected. When you are sleeping on your side and put one leg over a pillow it creates a proper alignment. A knee pillow creates the right position of your leg and from that, you can maintain the perfect sleeping position.
Another important time when you should use this pillow is the time of pregnancy. Most of the doctors recommend side sleeping during the time of pregnancy. Besides pregnancy pillow, using a knee pillow can get you relief from the pressure you feel on your back and hip.
Lastly, if you are suffering from knee pain then using a high quality pillow is one of the best solutions to get rid of it. The perfect pillow is that one which supports perfectly your body position. To get rid of leg, hip or back pain you need to discover your right one. To get the best knee pillow and how to choose it, please keep reading this article.
Different Types of Knee Pillows
Hourglass Shape Pillow: This is basically designed to the shape of our body, so that it will stay between our knees. These are made of memory foam that provides really good support.
- Wedge Knee Pillow: Then there is knee wedge pillow, which is a pyramid shaped pillow. This is designed for back sleepers mainly so that they can keep their knees comfortably while sleeping.
Long Knee Pillow: These are long in size. This type of pillow can be used to support your knees along with your whole body especially when you are sleeping on your side. Again you can place it beneath your knees when you are sleeping on your back.
Strap on Knee Pillow: This types of pillows have come up with a strap that you have to attach with one of your legs. This not only prevents knee-on-knee friction but also helps the pillow to stay in the same place throughout the night.
ComfiLife Orthopaedic Knee Pillow
- Ergonomically supportive design.
- Provides spinal alignment
- Durable due to it’s memory foam
- Useful during pregnancy period
- Breathable option for coolness
At first, we have got an hourglass-shaped knee pillow. This ComfiLife Orthopedic Pillow is made of 100% premium quality memory foam that cradles your body position perfectly and provides a comfortable sleeping position. It is superior to other pillows and extremely durable.
The best thing about this pillow is that, even after regular use this won’t go flat. It is the perfect pillow for hip pain and to get relief from joint pains. It is also highly recommended for pregnant women to use because it improves blood circulation.
- Sciatica, Back & Hip Pain Relief at Night - Ergonomically designed...
- Premium High-Density Memory Foam - Made with 100% premium quality...
- Ergonomic Design - Ergonomic contoured design keeps your legs, hip and...
- Breathable Easy Clean Cover - Breathable zippered cover ensures the...
- Lifetime Warranty - ComfiLife is trusted by millions of happy...
This pillow has got the exact firmness that you need. It is not too firm or too solid and has an ergonomic design that helps to keep your knees in the right position for whole night. However, its cover is made from breathable material so it is really easy to clean using machine. The product is backed up with lifetime satisfaction and no question asked money back guarantee. Price of this pillow is very affordable.
Cushy Form Sciatic Nerve Pain Knee Pillow
- Stays in one place
- Provides spinal alignment
- Removes sciatic pains
- Ideal for pregnant woman
- Great for post surgery use
- Travel friendly with carry bag
Next, on our list we have got a pillow that works best for leg, knee, back and spine alignment. The Cushy Form Knee Pillow is a great solution for all kind of sciatic nerve pain.
It is made of 100% Visco-elastic memory foam that helps to make the right posture when you are sleeping. Just place this pillow between your knees when you are sleeping on your side. In cold weathers, it will give you a comfortable warm feeling and vice-versa. Moreover, it is able to follow your body heat and thus softening the pillow while you are sleeping.
- MULTIPURPOSE: The contour leg pillow can help aid ailments including...
- PAIN RELIEF: These knee pillows for sleeping are a non-invasive way to...
- PREGNANCY AID: The leg pillow for lower back pain has replaced many...
- HIGH-QUALITY MEMORY FOAM: The orthopedic knee pillow is exclusively...
- TRAVEL CASE: In addition to this pillow for between legs while...
A great feature of the pillow is that, it is wash and travel friendly. This comes with a travel bag and storage, so you can easily carry it to different places. The cover of the pillow is removable and machine washable. So the cleaning part with this pillow is a simple task. Again, it is backed up with a 100% no question asked money back guarantee.
Half Moon Bolster Knee Pillow from Cushy Foam
- Absorbs extra body heat
- Great for post surgery recovery
- Holds its firmness for a long time
- Best for side and back sleepers
- Long lasting and durable.
Next, for our third pick we have got another one from the Cushy Form, which is renowned for back pain relief. Knee pillow is a must thing for side sleepers who face pains due to knee friction. And we think this particular one will offer great support to them in this regard.
The pillow is made with dual layer bolster. Though it is mainly suitable for side sleepers, it works great for back sleepers also as a leg elevator. This hypoallergenic pillow is also recommended by physical therapists, doctors, sports trainers and chiropractors.
- LEG ELEVATOR - Place under your knees for elevating your legs while...
- KNEE PILLOW - Eases back, leg, knee, ankle and hip joint pain by...
- MULTI-PURPOSE - The perfect pain reliever positioning pillow. Ideal...
- TRUSTED - Recommended by Physical Therapists, Doctors, Sports Trainers...
- GUARANTEE - We have a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED,...
Moreover, it is covered with a breathable and washable cover. With this product you won’t feel any extra heat in the hot summer days, as the case is made of organic soft cotton fabric. This is really very effective for pregnant women or for those who have gone through a surgery.
Being a Cushy Foam product it is very long lasting and durable. Again the manufacturer company is providing 100% satisfaction guarantee with no question money back policy.
Everlasting Comfort Pure Foam Knee Pillow
- Removes sciatic pains
- Easy to use while travelling
- Usable during pregnancy
- Additional memory foam earplugs
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
Next, we are going to talk about another great pillow that is the Everlasting Comfort Knee pillow made with 100% pure memory foam.
If you are really tired of your knee pillows that cannot stay in a single place, then you must try this one. It comes with a strap, which ensures that it will stay at a single place for the whole night. You can obviously remove it if you want, but there is no more trouble of readjusting your pillow.
When you’ll use this pillow for the first time, it will identify the shape of your knees and automatically curl around your knees. With the ergonomic curved design it removes all kinds of sciatic nerve pains. This means that you are going to get the best comfort while sleeping.
- Knee Pillow for Back Pain, Spinal Alignment and Pregnancy: Our knee...
- Adjustable and Removal Strap: Side pillows for sleeping are only...
- 100 Percent Pure Memory Foam Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers: If you're...
- Contoured Dual Curved Design: To ensure our knee wedge pillow...
- Easy To Remove Machine Washable Cover: Our Knee Pillow's soft cover...
One of the great things about this pillow is that it includes two sets of earplug made with memory foam packed in a travel case. These are great for noise reduction. Again, it has come up with a lifetime replacement guarantee.
Cushy Form Post Surgery Leg Rest Pillow
- Improves blood circulation
- Relieves from aching feet
- Keeps leg in right position
- Provides ergonomic support
- Recommended for foot injury or ankle surgery
Now, we have another pillow from Cushy Form that can be a great companion for your post-surgery time to give your feet proper rest. With this pillow you can keep your both legs elevated that will improve the blood circulation and will work amazingly to get relief from aching feet.
This pillow is made with high-density memory foam and comes with a breathable cover that is washable also. It will provide a comfortable temperature to your legs. This pillow is not only great to use while sleeping, but you can also use it in your short breaks throughout the day to give your legs some rest. It will reduce the discomfort from your feet.
- MULTIPURPOSE: Whether someone has chronic leg or back pain, is...
- PAIN RELIEF: By elevating both legs, these wedge pillows can improve...
- BLOOD CIRCULATION: The leg pillow for lower back pain provides relief...
- MEMORY FOAM: Designed and produced only with only premium materials,...
- EASY TO CLEAN & STORE: With a foldable design, the leg pillows for...
This leg rest pillow is highly recommended by many doctors if you have suffered from any kind of foot injury or ankle surgery. It will keep your legs in the right position and thus it will help to reduce the pain.
It also prevents blood stagnation and keeps your feet healthy by improving blood circulation. You can keep faith in this ergonomic shaped leg elevating pillows as the manufacturer is providing a 100% full refund policy if you are dissatisfied.
Aocome Knee Pillow for Side Sleepers
- Provides spinal alignment
- Removes sciatic, back and hip pain
- Especially designed for side sleepers
- Doesn’t slip over
- Always holds its shape
This ergonomically designed knee pillow is able to remove sciatic, back and hip pain as it provides legs, hip and spine alignment. It comfortably fits between your knees and doesn’t slip over. So, you don’t need to reposition it every time you change your side. That’s why it is especially designed for side sleepers.
The pillow is made with 100% visco-elastic memory foam that makes it super comfortable. Physical therapists, doctors, sports trainers and chiropractors recommend this knee pillow. It has also come up with a removable and machine washable cover for easy maintenance.
- KNEE PILLOW FOR SIDE SLEEPERS Ergonomically designed knee pillow for...
- EASY REMOVED BREATHABLE Soft and Breathable zippered cover is...
- LEG STRAP Aocome knee leg pillow has a leg strap helps to keep the...
- CONTOURED MEMORY FOAM Holds its shape and supports your joints...
- FULLY GUARANTEED Aocome knee pillow comes with bonus of natural silk...
This contoured memory foam pillow always holds its shape and provides great support. Moreover, the product is also backed up with 1-year warranty and comes up with a 45-day money back guarantee. So, if you’re dissatisfied you can return it for a full refund.
Pull-On Knee Cushion
- Never slips out
- Fits to men, women and children
- Travel friendly due to lightweight
- Very cushiony and comfortable
- Available in different colours and sizes
- Hypoallergenic and washable
Now, we are going to introduce a knee pillow that will solve your knee-on-knee friction problem. As it is named Pull-On Knee Cushion, you have to just pull it on and place it wherever you want to get comfort. It is designed to remove hip and knee pain that comes from pressure points.
This cushion is made from elastic polyester microfiber that won’t slip over due to tossing and turning at night. Its one size fits perfectly to most of the men and women. It is lightweight and that’s why you can carry it wherever you go. In terms of the machine washability feature you can always keep it clean.
Basically, the side sleepers mostly prefer it but back sleepers can get some benefits from it also. Doctors recommended it for those who have just done knee or hip surgery recently.
InteVision Four Position Support Pillow
- Removes different types of body pains
- Ideal for side and back sleepers
- Always holds its original shape
- Maintains the perfect temperature
- High thread count luxurious cover
Now, we have another long knee pillow from Intevision. Its two-layer half-moon design provides proper support to the back and side sleepers knee. You can put it under your knees while sleeping on your back and hold between two knees while side sleeping.
It is designed specifically with memory foam on top of highly resilient base foam, which ensures that the pillow will never go flat. You can use it as a leg spacer, knee support or a lumbar support pillow. However, it is able to remove hip, knee, neck, shoulder and joint pain. The size of this pillow is also great for traveling.
- Best Comfort - this latest version comes with a silky-smooth bamboo...
- Great For Side Sleepers - Made of dual-layer memory foam, it is...
- Leg Elevator Pillow - It helps reduce back pain, relieve tension on...
- Multi-Purpose - It can be used as a pain reliever positioning pillow,...
- Note: the product has been placed in vacuum sealed package and it...
The pillow has come up with a 400-thread count and 100% Egyptian cotton cover, which is super soft and provides a luxurious feeling. You can also clean it using washing machine, as it is removable. It also maintains the perfect temperature so that you can sleep comfortably.
PharMeDoc Memory Foam Knee Pillow
- Provides cool feeling
- Hypoallergenic and dust mites resistant
- Travel friendly due to lightweight
- Improves blood circulation
- Long durable & lifetime warranty
This memory foam knee pillow from Pharmedoc is designed for reducing lower back pain, hip discomforts and other back problems. It is ideal fro side sleepers because of its hourglass shape. It ergonomic design provides proper spinal alignment to improve the shape of your posture.
The pillow is made with firm memory foam and breathable materials that promotes better airflow. This is how it prevents overheating and helps you to get a peaceful sleep. It has come up with a 100% cotton cover that makes your cleaning process easy, as it is machine washable. Moreover, the pillow maintains its shape even after 400+ washes.
- Supportive knee wedge bed pillow helps reduce lower back pain and hip...
- Firm memory foam knee wedge pillow elevates legs and opens hips while...
- Our knee pillow’s breathable material encourages airflow to prevent...
- Removable 100% cotton wedge pillow cover makes cleanup easy and...
It is fully hypoallergenic and dust mites resistant. Again, it also significantly improves blood circulation that results in less body and muscle pain. You can also carry it with you when going for traveling due to the perfect size. Manufacturer is providing a lifetime warranty with 100% satisfaction guarantee, which is really great.
Cushy Cloud Orthopedic Knee Pillow
- Great for instant pain relief
- Ergonomically designed for side sleepers
- Always holds it shape
- Keeps your spine aligned
- Provides firm support and soft comfort
In this stage of our review we have Cushy Cloud Orthopedic memory foam knee pillow, which is really great for instant pain relief. Just you need to place it between your knees and your work is done. This ergonomic design is best for side sleepers.
As it is made of memory foam, it provides firm support and super soft comfort. It also conforms to your legs shape and provides spinal alignment. Moreover, it always holds its shape. The size of this pillow is also perfect to place it between knees.
- INSTANT PAIN RELIEF: Relieves back, hip, knee, and ankle pain when...
- CONTOURED DESIGN: Best ergonomic memory foam knee pillow for side...
- PERFECT SUPPORT: Provides firm support, soft comfort, and retains its...
- EASILY REMOVABLE/WASHABLE COVER: The pillow comes with a removable...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Our cushions are of superior quality and...
It has come up with a machine washable cover that provides a soft surface to sleep. This superior quality pillow is backed up with 100% satisfaction guarantee and a full refund policy if you are dissatisfied.
Benefits of Using a Knee Pillow
Removes different types of pains
A good knee pillow is able to remove all types of leg, knee, hip, joint, sciatica pain and other surgery related discomforts. Basically, knee pains occur due to bone-on-bone friction. And this pillow is able to separate the knees by creating a gap between them, which helps to removes those pains.
Provides right sleeping position
As these pillows are placed between knees, it helps to fill up the gap and keeps your body in a balanced position. These provide the right sleeping posture so that you can have proper spinal alignment. As we said earlier, a bad-sleeping position can be the reason for different health problems, especially with muscle pain. However, these pillows are made out in such a way that keeps your spine in the right position. It is also beneficial during pregnancy period.
Improves Blood Circulation
These pillows keep your body posture in a right way during sleep that your blood circulation rates increases. So after a hectic day when your feet deserve some rest use a leg rest pillow. It helps to pass blood through the veins without any obstruction by preventing blood stagnation. This is really very necessary to keep your feet healthy and strong.
Knee Pillow Buying Guide: Key Feature
You need to take some important factors into consideration while going to buy a knee pillow, such as-
Firmness: The first thing will be that the pillow should provide an acceptable level of firmness. Acceptable level means, not too firm or not too soft. The perfect knee pillow is that one which can provide you the right amount of firmness. So, we will advise you to go for the knee pillows which have a moderate firmness.
Material: Next, an important factor is the material used for the pillow. It can be memory foam, gel, water and so many other options. Among all of them the memory foam ones will be a little expensive but at the same time those are actually the best one. These are hypoallergenic and can be used in different positions. Therefore, go for the knee pillows which are made of memory foam.
Thickness: The thickness is another significant factor while choosing the right knee pillow for you. The ideal thickness for it should be four to six inches. This will keep a good distance between your two legs and will also provide a great comfort.
Durability: For any kind of product, it is very important that it needs to be durable, so does for knee pillow. Most of the good ones will cost you a good amount, therefore you cannot buy frequently. Go for those pillows which will perform for a long period and also come with a warranty period. To save some money doesn’t just buy any cheap material one.
Flexibility: Lastly, whether it is your regular pillow or your knee pillow it needs to be flexible enough. It should be able to increase the flexibility between your knees. If you don’t feel flexible with your pillows then this won’t be able to give you any support that you require.
To sum up we want to say, whether you are a side sleeper or a back sleeper if you are suffering from back or hip pain use a knee pillow. In this article, we have tried to give you an overview of how, when and why should you use a knee pillow.
We have also talked about 10 of the best knee pillows on the market. You can go for any of them or you can also find out some other options. However, go for any but make sure that has those important features which we have mentioned in our buying guide. Happy Buying!